Monday, July 28, 2014

Adventures with Mom

My mom came out to visit for a few days in mid-July. It was so good to see her. Before I went to the airport to pick her up, I went to Trader Joe's to get some flowers to welcome her. Buried in the daisies and roses, I found some really pretty snapdragons. On our last visit to Missouri Botanical Gardens, I had pointed some out to my mom and photographed them, so I thought they'd be perfect.


As I was leaving, a guy sitting outside on a bench stopped me to ask me if there was an occasion for the flowers. I explained that my mom was visiting from out of town. This started a very long conversation full of his life experiences and advice for my future. Oh, people at Trader Joe's ;)

Everything went smoothly at the airport. Austin was waiting for us when we got back, and we all went out to dinner. We had a good time taking Mom to all of our favorite places. I also went shopping with her in San Jose, and of course we had to hit the rose garden. I found some purple roses there. I hadn't ever seen one this color before:


We went to the Google campus to meet Austin at work and have lunch with him. It was nice to see where he works, and the food was pretty good. Then, we walked around for all of 20 minutes, and I got a sunburn (like I do).

I took Mom to an amazing local nursery that's on the way home from Google. I'm lucky to have a mom that likes flowers as much as I do, and puts up with me constantly taking photos of them. Dahlias are my favorite.


We went up to the city one day and went to Pier 39. We did the little boat ride up to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was kind of drizzly and very foggy, but we were still able to see. Austin took some nice photos on the boat, but I think they were on Mom's camera, so I don't have them to show :(

We also went to the aquarium. It was fun, and I took EVEN MORE photos.


It was a very nice visit, and I'm so glad my mom got to see where I live.

Things are still going well in general. Austin and I are starting to make some new friends in the apartment building. I'm still working on jewelry. Riley is still very happy prowling on the balcony. I might break down and start looking for a job soon, but I'm enjoying my break from the corporate world.

No comments:

Post a Comment