Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Week

I had a fantastic week. Definitely made some strides in my goal of becoming less timid and more involved.

Austin and I went to his mom's for Labor Day weekend. I had such a good time. I don't think I could have fared much better with my husband and in-laws. His brother, brother's girlfriend, and mom's friend came over for dinner one night. Usually, I'm embarrassingly quiet and anxious in situations like that, but I was very comfortable and really enjoyed talking with all of them.

The day after we got back, I gave my blogging presentation for the ShowMe Etsy craft team. I was surprised at how nervous I was. In college I cranked out speaking assignments like they were nothing. I suppose I was intimidated because I really look up to this group of people, and I was scared of their judgment. Talk about an irrational fear... they're all super nice. I probably talked way too fast and I caught my voice quivering a couple of times, but I have since received thanks and compliments. It makes me feel really good. Being able to join this group was an amazing opportunity for me.

Yesterday I was feeling empowered, so I went on a major cleaning spree. Riley got a little upset that I folded up her blanket. She liked to hide under it when it was spread out on the floor. She gave it one more shot, but it didn't last long:



Today has been a rather lazy day for me. I'm going to have to get back in the swing of doing all kinds of crafty stuff. I feel a little crazy for neglecting a job hunt and focusing on my teeny tiny jewelry business. But I can get away with it at the moment, and it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment