Tuesday, June 30, 2009

First Paper Flower

I stayed up too late last night and watched a youtube video of Martha Stewart making paper flowers. I've been really into floral stuff since I joined etsy, so I was interested in trying it; perhaps get some resin or other coating and make tiny ones for necklaces. She was using all kinds of fancy supplies like crepe paper and floral tape and wrapped wire. I figured I could make a pretty decent one with the crappy supplies I already had.

I decided to practice with notebook paper:





Not as nice as Martha's, but I find it kind of charming. The notebook paper makes it look like something a junior high kid made for a crush... which I like for some reason. It's too big for jewelry, and I'm pretty sure anything significantly smaller would be a lot more difficult. Oh well. Kept me entertained for awhile.

1 comment: